Buying direct from Geoprise allows you to buy GM-X application software for perpetual use, and customize your license to include only the subsystems you require.
To buy GM-X application software directly from Geoprise:
- Select the GM-X subsystems you wish to buy. Because each GM-X subsystem is designed to work with other GM-X subsystems, consult our prerequisites to identify all the GM-X subsystems you'll need.
- Identify the IP addresses of the servers where the GM-X application software will be installed.
- Contact a Geoprise sales and support office to obtain a price quotation and verify your order. We'll email you a customized license agreement for you to sign and return.
Once you've signed and returned the license agreement, we'll email you an invoice containing a link where you can download your software. You will receive:
- A perpetual-use GM-X application software license to use the GM-X subsystems you purchased, subject to the license terms and conditions summarized below;
- Copies of the standard GM-X application software that you can install and run on each of the primary and backup production servers identified in your GM-X application software license agreement (one copy per production server);
- One additional copy of the standard GM-X application software that you can install and run on the development server identified in your GM-X application software license agreement;
- One additional copy of the standard GM-X application software that you can install and run on the quality assurance (QA) server identified in your GM-X application software license agreement; and
- Access to all standard GM-X product documentation.
The next step is to install your software on the servers identified in your license agreement. The software won't work on other servers. If you ever need to transfer the software between servers, contact your Geoprise sales and support office. We'll amend your GM-X application software license agreement and then send you a link where you can download fresh copies that you can install and run on each of the new servers identified in the amended license agreement.
Instead of providing links where you can download the GM-X application software, we're happy to ship you DVD-ROM copies upon request. Please contact your Geoprise sales and support office. We'll absorb the shipping cost, but you are responsible for paying any customs duties or import taxes imposed upon international shipments.
Infrastructure Prerequisites for GM-X Application Server
GM-X utilizes the Apache™ HTTP Server v2.2.16+ Web Server and the PHP hypertext processor 5.3.3+ with GMP (GNU Multi-Precision), DOM, XSL, MultiByte String and cURL extensions. To protect your operating system software investment, and to conform to your existing enterprise standards, GM-X, the Apache Web Server and PHP can run on:
- Microsoft® Windows® Server 2008 R2+ (Standard, Enterprise and Datacenter Editions; 32-bit or 64-bit)
- Linux®/UNIX (Linux Ubuntu 10.10, Red Hat® Enterprise Linux®/CentOs 5.5, Red Hat Enterprise Linux/CentOS 6.5 or equivalent)
You also have your choice of relational database management systems:
- Microsoft SQL Server® 2008 R2+
- Oracle® 10g+
- MySQL® 5.7.23+
- PostgreSQL v8+
You can deploy the database on the same server as the GM-X application, or on a different server. You also have the flexibility to deploy separate database servers for each GM-X subsystem.
Servers utilized for the GM-X application and databases can be clustered for performance and high availability (cold or warm standby), and can be:
- Dedicated physical machines running in your own data center (traditional on-premise deployment)
- Virtual machines running on hypervisors in your own data center (private cloud deployment)
- Provisioned by infrastructure as a service (IaaS) providers such as Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud™ (Amazon EC2™), Microsoft AZURE™ and IBM Cloud Managed Services™ (public cloud deployment)
- You can also mix and match your server landscape (hybrid cloud deployment)
Geoprise does not directly sell or ship the Apache HTTP Server, PHP hypertext processor or its extensions, operating system software, relational database management systems, computer hardware or hypervisors. When buying GM-X direct from Geoprise, you'll need to procure and install these components separately, before you install your GM-X application software.
Summary of GM-X Perpetual Use License Terms and Conditions
- Perpetual-use GM-X application software licenses are non-exclusive and non-transferable.
- The licensed GM-X application software may only be used for your usual business operations.
- Each perpetual-use GM-X application software license is valid for one (1) production server identified by its Internet protocol (IP) address, and any number of end users.
- In addition, you may install and use the GM-X application softtware on one (1) backup server, one (1) development server and one (1) quality assurance server without additional charge.
- You may maintain one (1) backup copy and up to two (2) archival copies of the GM-X application software for disaster recovery purposes.
- You may not use the GM-X application software for third-party training, commercial time-sharing, subscription or service bureau purposes.
- Geoprise or its licensors own and retain all rights title and ownership in and to the licensed GM-X application software, inlcuding (but not limited to) all patent, copyright, trade secret, trademark and other intellectual property rights. You are not allowed to reverse engineer, reverse assemble or otherwise attempt to discover the source code of the GM-X application software nor can you sell, assign, sub-license, rent, lease, loan, provide, distribute or otherwise transfer the GM-X application software to any third party.
- This summary is intended for illustration purposes only. Your actual rights, restrictions and obligations are goverened by the terms and conditions of your GM-X application software license agreement.