Protect Your Software Investment with GM-X Maintenance
GM-X Maintenance provides:
- Program changes, additions, modifications, refinements, logic corrections and improvements to licensed GM-X software.
- Reasonable assistance and consultation by telephone, e-mail or fax, to assist in resolving problems with the use of the licensed GM-X software, including the verification, diagnosis and correction of software errors and defects. Geoprise will use best commercial efforts to respond to calls within four (4) covered hours based on the customer's maintenance plan.
GM-X Maintenance is not a substitute for implementation services or software services, which are priced and provided separately.
Choose from one of three plans:
- 8x5 — covers 8 hours per day, Monday through Friday excluding public holidays (15% of current license fee per year)
- 24x5 — covers 24 hours per day, Monday through Friday including public holidays (18% of current license fee per year)
- 24x7 — covers 24 hours per day, Monday through Sunday including public holidays (20% of current license fee per year)
Because we are a global company, GM-X Maintenance "follows the sun" meaning that the days and hours covered by each plan are available in your local time zone. For the 8x5 plan, covered hours are 09:00 (9:00 AM) to 17:00 (5:00 PM) Mondays through Fridays local time, excluding public holidays in your locality.
How to Subscribe
Maintenance service is automatically included during the first full year after you license the GM-X ERP Application Suite, covering the subsystems you have licensed and the maintenance plan you have selected.
Thereafter your maintenance subscription automatically self-renews at the end of the first full year and each year thereafter, unless you opt-out by giving Geoprise sixty (60) days written notice. We will invoice you for the next year of maintenance no later than sixty (60) days before the end of your current maintenance term. If you opt-out, your maintenance subscription will expire after 60 days; however you will not be entitled to any refunds of maintenance fees paid if you opt-out earlier than 60 days before the end of your current maintenance term.
If you opt-out, but later choose to reinstate your maintenance subscription, you must first pay a reinstatement fee (8% of the current license fee for the subsystems you have licensed).
Three levels of support may be needed after you put your GM-X ERP software into production:
- Level 1 — routine system administration, end user training and problem or incident resolution
- Level 2 — non-routine problem or incident resolution provided by a Geoprise sales and support office
- Level 3 — non-routine problem or incident resolution provided by Geoprise Research and Development
We expect our customers to take full responsibility for Level 1 support by designating personnel for this purpose within their own organizations. End users should always contact those Level 1 support personnel for assistance, according to your organization's own policies and procedures.
Geoprise is responsible for providing Level 2 support for its customers who are maintenance subscribers, when Level 1 support personnel are unable to resolve a problem or incident. Accordingly, we will only accept calls from your designated Level 1 support personnel. To provide the best possible service, we expect your Level 1 support personnel to adequately document problems or incidents by providing written problem descriptions and attachments such as screen shots or error logs.
To expedite Level 2 support, you can configure your GM-X software to automatically send fault reports to firstname.lastname@example.org when a fault occurs. If you are currently a maintenance subscriber, we will treat each such report as a support call.
If our Level 2 support personnel are unable to resolve the problem or incident, Geoprise in its sole discretion will automatically provide Level 3 support as and when required.
What's Covered — and Not
Maintenance service covers the standard GM-X software provided directly by Geoprise, including program logic, product documentation and license keys.
It does not include:
- System administration
- Security administration
- Database administration
- Faults with software not provided directly by Geoprise (such as operating system or database management software)
- Infrastructure faults affecting computer and networking equipment
- Faults resulting from modifications to the standard GM-X software
- Faults resulting from the customer's data